Defensive Driver’s Discount and its founders have been offering the 6 hour Defensive Driving class for New York drivers for years. We are a New York State Approved provider (#35) and are officially certified by the state to, unlike other providers, present the course the way you want it: either in an actual Classroom Setting or completely Online.
“Unlike our competitors, we mail the certificates within three days, sometimes the very same day!”
When you take the course through us, we’re Available by Phone and Email to answer any questions, before or after you sign up. We’ll provide you with the documentation you’ll need to present to your insurance company to get the 10% Premium Reduction as well as report your successful completion of the course to the DMV, so you can get Your Point Reduction as well.
Here are the top five reasons to use Defensive Driver’s Discount vs. one of our competitors:
- We’re New York-based! Unlike our competitors in Florida, California and Texas, we operate fully out of the State of New York. In fact, this is the only state we work in and so we’re 100% focused on our fellow New Yorkers.
- In addition to our online course, we have Over 300 Physical Classroom Locations in the State of New York.
- We deliver your certificate within 3 days, whereas our competition can take up to 45 days.
- Our curriculum is the most up-to-date of any of the approved providers.
- Our Customer Service goes above and beyond. We’re available to answer questions before and after you sign up, and even go the extra mile to inform you two and a half years after you’ve taken the course that you’re elligible to retake it and continue receiving your discounts and any applicable point reductions.
“The class was easy, the teacher was very entertaining and really got the class involved which really helped the time to go by. No test! I would recommend this to any driver. I must say again, the teacher was great!!”
Anabella in Queens
Great customer service, a New York-based company, speedy delivery of your certificate, convenient locations and the ability to take the class online set us apart from our competitors.
By now you’re aware that you can retake the course every three years. Once you do, that means three more years of the previously discussed Reduced Insurance Rates and Potential Point Reductions. In fact, we’ll send you an email around two and a half years from the date you’ve completed a course with us reminding you of your eligibility to take the course again.