Reduce Points on Your Driving Record and Get a Discount on Your Insurance Premium
Through our New York State DMV-approved accident prevention course, known as PIRP, IPIRP and simply Defensive Driving Course, you can reduce your driver violation point total by up to 4 points. You can also save 10% on your car insurance liability, no-fault and collision insurance premium each year for 3 years!
“Save 10% on your insurance, no need to get a new quote or switch insurance companies.”
PIRP and IPIRP
The term PIRP, or Point and Insurance Reduction Program, refers to the program as a whole, and more specifically to taking the class in an actual classroom. We have a Multitude of Classrooms to take the course in a city in New York near you. IPIRP specifically refers to the Online Course. Take the class from the comfort of your own home, on your schedule. With either our classroom or 100% online course, we have taken measures to ensure we meet the strict standards set out by the State of New York. Your completion of one of our courses will provide the above discounts and point reductions listed, as well as refresh your driving knowledge in general. We review age old safe driving pointers and provide an overview of modern vehicle and traffic laws. You will complete the course equipped with the knowledge to become a better driver, and save money too!. Saving 10% on your auto insurance and learning to become a better driver means you could potentially save much more in legal fees and auto repairs down the road as you learn to drive defensively. So in review, completing one of our courses will:
- Give you a new look at both time-tested driving techniques and an overview of current traffic laws.
- Provide you, as the principal operator of a motor vehicle, with a minimum 10% reduction in the base rate of your auto liability and collision insurance premiums, for three years.
- If you’ve acquired points against your driving record, you’ll be eligible to reduce those by up to 4 points total.
How it Works
The State of New York has deemed that participants in this course will likely be better, safer drivers, and therefor find themselves involved in less accidents. To that end, they’ve developed this course, and licensed Defensive Driver’s Discount to provide it both online and in classrooms near you.
- Take our course either Online or in a Classroom Near You.
- Upon completion, we’ll notify the New York DMV and provide you with the paperwork to provide your insurance company.
- Your insurance company will be required to provide you a mandatory 10% reduction, for 3 years, off your automobile liability, no-fault and collision insurance premiums.
- + You’re Eligible for up to 4 Points deducted from your driving record.
- Take the course every three years to continue receiving these discounts.
Even better, where previously New Yorkers were required to complete the course in a physical classroom, the state recently allowed us to provide the course 100% online. 24/7 access to the Defensive Driving (IPIRP) class so you can complete the course on your time, your schedule.