Well the end of summer is upon us again and that means it’s Labor Day Weekend this 3 day weekend. Did you know that this is one of the highest traffic fatality weekends of the year!
Want to learn more about it take our online class.
It us estimated that there will be 405 fatalities this weekend in the USA. We at DDD have put together a list of some ways you can help not be in that number! And here they are NOT in order of importance!
1) DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
2) Create a distraction free zone for the driver: put your cell phone in the glove compartment on silent where it won’t be a distraction
3) Make sure all children are in the PROPER car seat for the age/weight/height
4) Don’t Drive Tired: Don’t fight your circadian rhythm, drive during the day as much as possible
5) SLOW DOWN SPEED KILLS: really speeding won’t get you there much faster it may just get you a ticket, points or WORSE!
6) Wear your seat belt. It is estimated that 148 people may survive collisions this weekend because they will have worn safety belts.
7) Drive Defensively
8) Be Alert
9) If you do drink arrange for a taxi or a designated driver
10) Avoid Road Rage!!!
So enjoy the holiday and as always, DRIVE SAFE!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.